Sir John and the Knights of the Long Table

Eleven of us live here at beautiful Schamelot, and we have a small 20 acre farm of chickens, emus, two dogs, 13 or so cats and a cockateil named Sassafrass.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for:

  1. bananas--we made 3 loaves and one bundt pan of banana, oat, flax bread this morning
  2. piano lessons--my children have been serenading me all day with lovely music
  3. highly energetic five-year-olds--I've burned at least a thousand extra calories today chasing one out of my living room over and over again
  4. Ruth--for our shared love of food and the delicious sounding Puerto Rican recipe for Arroz con Gandules she gave me and which we're trying this evening
  5. Scythian--whose happy energetic Irish music helps me keep up with the five-year-old
  6. free-range chickens--whose fresh eggs helped out the bananas this morning
  7. teen-age daughters--whose proficiency in the kitchen frees me up to fill the emotional tank of the highly energetic five-year-old
  8. wonderful children's authors--whose delightful stories make for much fun and enjoyment when it comes to filling the emotional tank of the highly energetic five-year-old
  9. the much needed survival mechanism God gave me of being able to tune out the cries of a highly energetic five-year-old who desperately wants a piece of chocolate
  10. my sense of humor, which Fr. Canice warned us during our Nuptial Mass would be absolutely necessary to surviving the next 70 years

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You're so sweet! I am so very thanful for you. I've learned a lot from you. Thanks for putting up with me : )

Liv said...

What about really awesome little sisters that totally rock your world? Not thankful for that eh?! ::hurt::