Sir John and the Knights of the Long Table

Eleven of us live here at beautiful Schamelot, and we have a small 20 acre farm of chickens, emus, two dogs, 13 or so cats and a cockateil named Sassafrass.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Feast of Our Lady Queen of Angels

For the Feast of Our Lady Queen of Angels we made paper doily angels to hang on our Christmas Tree. We used a 6 inch doily and a 4 inch doily, a white pompom, gold pipe cleaner and thin white ribbon.



I folded the 6 inch doily in half and just crimped the middle of the fold of the 4 inch doily.



I punched six holes, three on either side of the fold on the six inch doily, then laid it over the four inch doily and make dots on either side of the midline to mark where the holes should go so that they'll line up when I lace them together.



I made a cone out of the larger doily and lined up the holes with those of the smaller one. Then I used the thin, white ribbon to lace the two doilies together like a shoe. I found it easier to start with the top hole on one side, snake my way down and back up again.



Then I tightened the ribbon until the two doilies fit snuggly together.



I tied the ribbon in a bow.



Finally I glued the pompom on the point of the doily cone and affixed a gold pipe cleaner halo on top.



Maybe it sounds or looks hard, but I assure it was super simple. Just give it a try. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out as you go along!

No comments: