Sir John and the Knights of the Long Table

Eleven of us live here at beautiful Schamelot, and we have a small 20 acre farm of chickens, emus, two dogs, 13 or so cats and a cockateil named Sassafrass.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Justin and the Rich Man

The other day I was running errands with my two younger boys and the youngest said, "When I grow up I want to be Bill Gates." I quickly admonished him that he should not want to be Bill Gates because Bill Gates is not a good man. He revised his statement, "No, no, I want to be Bill Gates but I won't like 'avortions.' I meeaan I want to have as much money as Bill Gates!" I then proceeded to tell both of them the story about it being easier for a camel to fit through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to enter into Heaven. I told them that Jesus said if you want to go to Heaven then you have to sell all that you have, giving the money to the poor, and follow Him.



The older of the two, the one who hopes and prayers he's going to be a priest when he grows up, got a very serious expression on his face and asked, "We're not rich, are we? We're poor right?" I think his prayer might be answered as he hopes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, funny, funny : )